General safety tips:
- Prepare your property by removing any loose items outside, securing tanks, boarding windows. Any outdoor displays, signs things that may typically be left outside, should be moved inside.
- Secure first floor doorways with sandbags, heavy plastic or other item to prevent the interior from possible flooding.
- Move vehicles to a safe location, preferably out of the path of the storm.
- Heed all evacuation warnings.
- Check emergency generators and ensure they will work when needed.
- If time permits,
- Remove items from desktops and walls, and be sure to disconnect electrical appliances and equipment.
- Any important files, computers, equipment should be moved to a higher floor, or if that is not possible, to the middle of the building. Remove items in the lower drawers if possible.
- Make sure you have pictures of the building both inside areas and outside areas.
- Cover copiers, printers, and other equipment with heavy plastic